Glasgow City Council’s inward investment team is dedicated to encouraging and assisting investment and promoting the city as one of the most business-friendly locations in the UK and Europe.
In attracting and retaining investors to the city, the investment team promises first-rate service that includes:
- A single, first point of contact to eliminate duplication and confusion
- A rapid response to all enquiries
- Comprehensive business support and guidance on recruitment, premises and market intelligence
- Fast-track planning support
- Professional, bespoke property searches
- Assistance to access training grants, loans and funding including Regional Selective Assistance
- Access to Glasgow Guarantee wage and training subsidies for new recruits including graduates and apprentices
- Dedicated aftercare
This professional, collaborative approach addresses the needs of investors and businesses alike and facilitates access to a wide range of partners across the city: Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Development International, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, property agents and other Council departments such as Planning and Business Services.
In 2015/2016 this helped the city attract over 1300 new jobs across Digital Technology, Financial and Business Services, Health and Life Sciences, Engineering, Design and Manufacturing, and Low Carbon industries.
Companies that haven chosen to expand or locate in Glasgow are Webhelp TSC (HERO TSC), Albion Automative, KPMG, Ashurst and the prestigious Fraunhofer Gesellshaft, securing over £9 million in direct support and bringing over 350 new jobs to the city and safeguarding another 800.
To learn more about how we can assist you please contact the Invest Glasgow team.