Help & support
When you are selecting the right destination for inward or foreign investment, expansion and/or relocation, the complexities of your decision can be overwhelming. Our expert team is on-call to ensure that you have all the information you need to choose Glasgow as your investment destination. With internal expertise and an extensive external network of specialists to draw on, our team is equipped with up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive information that ensures top-notch service every step of the process. Learn more about us and the assistance we provide.
- A single point of contact with whom you can communicate directly
- Rapid enquiry response
- Fast-track planning
- Professional assistance with property searches
- Support for funding access
- Access to Commonwealth Initiatives subsidies
- Dedicated follow-up and an ongoing relationship
We are ready and waiting for your enquiries. We look forward to sharing Glasgow’s unique business and lifestyle opportunities. Contact us today!
Incentives and funding
A number of incentives and funding support options exist for establishing or moving a business to Glasgow. This assistance can come in the form of grants, special/conditional loans, sector-specific funding, tax and business rate reductions and some training and skills funding support.
A sampling of this kind of support includes:
Grants and prizes
- Innovation and R&D Grants
Loans and equity funding/guarantees
- Renewable Energy Investment Fund – Renewable District Heating
- Renewable Energy Investment Fund – Renewables projects
- Renewable Energy Investment Fund – Marine
- Renewable Energy Investment Fund – Community-owned projects
- Scottish Plastics Loan Fund
- Scottish Loan Fund for small and medium enterprises experiencing difficulty gaining access to traditional funding.
Venture capital/angel funding/seed funding
- Scottish Seed Fund for early stage investment, usually those transitioning from development to production/commercialisation phase.
- Scottish Venture Fund for companies in transition a high-growth, export-ready phase.
- Scottish Co-investment Fund for businesses aiming to move into new product areas or new markets
- LINC Scotland – non-profit trust providing a national business introduction network
- British Venture Capital Association – promotes private equity for entrepreneurs and investors
- Scottish Financial Enterprise – organisation that promotes the interests of the financial services sector in Scotland
- Scottish Investment Bank – Scottish Enterprise scheme offering equity arrangements to Scotland’s small and medium enterprises
Tax and business rate assistance
- Discounted business rates and business tax relief in Enterprise Areas
- Tax relief for small businesses and tax credits for larger corporations undertaking R&D
- UK Government Patent Box scheme to reduce taxes paid on eligible profits arising from patents
- Enterprise Area sites offer discounted business rates, freeing up capital to invest and grow. Creative Clyde is Glasgow’s major Enterprise Area, allowing for up to 100% rates relief up to £275,000 over 5 years.
- Skills and development assistance is also available within Enterprise Areas alongside Skills Development Scotland (SDS).