Glasgow is one of the most affordable locations in the UK and Europe. The city offers residents and businesses excellent value for money while delivering high quality of life and an exceptional business environment.
- Grade A office rents are typically 73% lower than London, and 12% lower than both Edinburgh and Manchester.
- Out of 20 major cities across the UK, Glasgow offers young professionals the highest level of disposable income. (CV Library 2016)
- Glasgow is one of the world’s least expensive cities to post staff, ranking 161 on the global index (Mercer, 2017 Cost of Living Survey). Whereas London ranks 29th.
- Glasgow’s average gross weekly wages are 49% lower than London City and 12% lower than Edinburgh.
- Generating £47,513 GVA per job filled, Glasgow has the 2nd highest level of productivity of the 10UK core cities.
- Glasgow is a price fighter in Europe with the cost of accommodation, visitor attractions, restaurants, museums and galleries providing excellent value for visitors and residents.
Award-winning business environment
Top Large European City of the Future 2018/19
Glasgow has achieved an outstanding set of results in the prestigious fDi Magazine ‘European Cities of the Future Awards 2018/19’. In the Large Cities categories, Glasgow was awarded: Top 10 overall Large City; Runner-up for FDI strategy; and Top 10 for Business Friendliness and Connectivity.
Top Ten Global City for fDi Strategy 2016/17
Glasgow has been recognised as a Top Ten Global City for FDI Strategy. Ranked seventh, this is a true endorsement of the city’s appeal as a location for FDI. Glasgow also received bespoke awards for worker training (The Glasgow Guarantee) and a specialism award for life sciences.